I love the New Year, new ideas, new goals, new events, so much opportunity. Here are 20 ideas/thoughts to help you make 2020 your best year ever.
- If you are not already using it, sign up for Canva. It is the best thing to ever happen to nonprofit marketing in my opinion.
- Check out TechSoup.org they offer nonprofit savings on Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Intuit QuickBooks. New and refurbished laptops and desktops, mobile hotspots, printers and more.
- Create a Facebook ad for your next event. The results are great, and they are very affordable.
- In this digital age, most people don’t have the time or energy to look out for a nonprofit to make a donation. Adopting mobile giving, allowing donors to give on the go, will make it really smooth and simple for them. You want to make it as easy as possible to give.
- Sign Up for the Donor Experience 101 Newsletter. It’s a great way to keep up with new ideas, trends, and tips. Plus, I will post where I will be teaching so you can join me for new classes.
- Use your board to help you write thank you notes. It will make your life easier and your donor’s will love hearing from your board members.
- Ask your board members to bring you a connection to each meeting.
- Let a board members come into the office to shadow you and your team once a month. It really helps them see how hard you work and what day to day life is really like.
- Make sure your board has the tools they need to be successful. Do they need training, do they need collateral, etc…?
- Hold your board accountable.
- Ask for help!
- Be prepared. There is nothing worse than having volunteers ready to serve with nothing to do.
- Create an assignment board. Post things you need help with on it, so that your volunteers can easily pitch in.
- Educate your volunteers, make sure they understand their job and your expectations.
- Recognize your volunteers with a thank you at every opportunity.
- Evaluate 2019. Did you accomplish your goals, is it time for a change?
- Set SMART goals to clarify your ideas, focus your efforts, use your time and resources productively, and achieve what you want in 2020.
- Set up time for you and your staff to brainstorm. What would you do if you could do anything?
- Connect. Make it one of your goals to connect with some new in your industry each month. The fruit those relationships will bear is endless.
- Speaking Engagements – Sign up for one of my classes. They are full of ideas and always FUN!
I hope your 2020 is absolutely amazing! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!